Protecting your privacy. Privacy disclosures
- Except as explicitly provided herein, Swoop will never share or sell your account email address to any third party without your explicit consent.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe. If you are using a shared computer please be sure you logout from the Website and close the browser to avoid misuse of your sign-in information.
- Employees, contractors, and consultants at Swoop will have access to your information to troubleshoot issues, archive data from time to time, administer and maintain our Website. Employees, contractors, and consultants are trained and kept up to date on privacy practices.
- Swoop may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
- Swoop may use your email address to communicate with you from time to time about our services, upcoming enhancements and new features, newsletter about your contact and network updates or any other information that might be of interest to you. In any case, we do not disclose your account email to any third parties without your explicit consent.
- Our company is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Information we collect
- PROFILE DATA
Some features of Swoop operate by collecting, searching and organizing data publicly available on the Internet, which may not be accurate or complete, while other features of the Service operate by applying analytical tools to the Customer’s data. Swoop is not responsible or liable for the accuracy of any such data, of any the Customer’s data, or the results of the Service’s analysis of either. We are not responsible for, nor do we have any control over, the privacy policies of any third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited. Our customers may access and use data publicly available on the internet using our system, and that data may be transferred onward to third party systems via a variety of electronic means. We are not liable for this data which is publicly available. We do not onward forward any data which is not publicly available on the internet. We are not liable for the onward transfer to third parties of any data which is publicly available. We call publicly available data "profile data", which we treat separately from "user data"
- USER DATA
We collect and store various information provided by you explicitly during the registration process. To complete the registration process we require you to provide us with certain personal information (e.g. email address, first name, last name, location, password etc...). We do not share or forward this information except when legally obligated to do so.
- Swoop, it's partners, agents and advertisers automatically collect certain types of information like traffic details, IP addresses, browser identities, cookies, pages served, page URL's, timestamps, time spent on each page, among other items, while you are browsing, interacting with the Website or using Swoop services.
- Swoop does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology
- Swoop and it's partners, agents, advertisers are not responsible for any personal or sensitive information posted in comments, feedback sections or forums, or for data from other sources which is publicly available.
- You may access your profile and/or user data by requesting a copy from email@example.com. You may also request that you be removed from the database using the same contact method, which will prevent any data about you (even publicly available data) from being shared, forwarded or accessed by any user. Should you make that request, we will provide you with details on the sources of the publicly available data gathered about you so that you may remove publicly available data from the source/s to prevent the data from being publicly available. Unless you do remove the source data, we can not guarantee that your profile information will not be collected again by our system as it will still be publicly available data and our system automatically collects such data.
- All the information provided by you and information collected by us automatically is stored in our databases, and file systems. This information is archived on periodic basis. This information is still available in our database, file system, and archives even after deletion.
You must be at least 18 years or older to register with Swoop. Swoop does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If Swoop learns that we have collected information from a child under age 18 we will quickly act to delete that information as soon as possible
By visiting our Website and providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Swoop we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of such information.
Privacy Shield Commitments
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Swoop commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Swoop at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swoop has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU
Swoop has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Swoop remains liable under the Principles if any agent of Swoop processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Swoop proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Effective Date June 20, 2017