Protecting your privacy. Privacy disclosures
- Except as explicitly provided herein, Swoop will never share or sell your email address to any third party without your explicit consent.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe. If you are using a shared computer please be sure you logout from the Website and close the browser to avoid misuse of your sign-in information.
- Employees, contractors, and consultants at Swoop will have access to your information to troubleshoot issues, archive data from time to time, administer and maintain our Website. Employees, contractors, and consultants are trained and kept up to date on privacy practices.
- Swoop, or people who post on Swoop, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor do we have any control over, the privacy policies of any third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
- Swoop may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
- Swoop may use your email address to communicate with you from time to time about our services, upcoming enhancements and new features, newsletter about your contact and network updates or any other information that might be of interest to you. In any case, we do not disclose your email to any third parties without your explicit consent.
- Other users on Swoop may communicate with you about job opportunities, job referrals and may reach out to you via the various services available on Swoop. You can choose not to receive any emails or communication from other users on Swoop (see "Privacy Settings" section). In any case, Swoop will continue to continue to send system generated emails like forgot password or other system notifications.
- Swoop may share your profile information via API's, Widgets with third parties or for your own use to add the widget to your blog or websites. Swoop will not share information that you choose to keep secure as explained in the "Privacy Settings" section.
- Swoop may publish your profile information to various search engines to allow user community search for profiles via search engines, this is to provide you with a better Swoop experience.
Information we collect
- We collect and store various information provided by you explicitly during the registration process. To complete the registration process we require you to provide us with certain personal information (e.g. email address, first name, last name, location, password etc...).
- Once you are registered with the Website, you can choose to update your "Swoop Profile" with your professional summary, education, work experience and various other details that allow you to benefit from features provided by Swoop. In addition, you can also choose to upload your profile photo, disclose your email address and phone number as publicly available information. See "Privacy Settings" section to understand how you control what profile information is displayed to other users on the site.
- Swoop, it's partners, agents and advertisers automatically collect certain types of information like traffic details, IP addresses, browser identities, cookies, pages served, page URL's, timestamps, time spent on each page, among other items, while you are browsing, interacting with the Website or using Swoop services.
- Swoop does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- Swoop and it's partners, agents, advertisers are not responsible for any personal or sensitive information posted in comments, feedback sections or forums.
- All the information provided by you and information collected by us automatically is stored in our databases, and file systems. This information is archived on periodic basis. This information is still available in our database, file system, and archives even after deletion.
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Swoop like Google.com, Yahoo.com, MSN.com, Archive.org or otherwise make available Swoop postings.
- Swoop provides various privacy settings to control what data is displayed to other users on the site, who can contact you, who can send email messages to you and so on. Once you have registered with us, you can go to "Privacy Settings" link on the top right hand corner and adjust these as appropriate.
- On the "Privacy Settings" page, you can control what information is publicly available, what information is displayed to your contacts and network members, what information is private and secure, who can contact you and send email messages. One such example is your profile photo. You can control who gets to see your photo.
You must be at least 18 years or older to register with Swoop. Swoop does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If Swoop learns that we have collected information from a child under age 18 we will quickly act to delete that information as soon as possible.
By visiting our Website and providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Swoop we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of such information.
Effective Date: June 1st, 2012